Hair transplant in Turkey is an effective and safe solution to permanently correct baldness. For both men and women, hair transplants can help fight a complex and regain self-confidence. However, in some cases, hair transplants can be unsuccessful. Find out in which cases a hair transplant can fail and what are the possible solutions to correct a failed hair transplant.
What are the different cases of failed hair transplants and their causes?
The hair transplant operation can permanently mask the effects of hair loss causes. Although hair transplantation is a very common procedure, it requires real expertise and experience on the part of the doctor to avoid hair transplant failure.
There are several reasons why a hair transplant may fail:
- The donor area does not offer enough grafts: this situation occurs if the surgeon does not perform a good preliminary study. The preliminary study of the donor area is essential to determine if the donor area has enough grafts compared to those needed to cover the recipient area.
- The donor area has poor quality grafts: to determine if the grafts in the donor area are of good quality (thickness, low number of follicles per graft, etc.), a prior clinical examination is essential. If the clinical examination is not performed, or is performed poorly, this can lead to failed hair transplants.
- The implantation method is not mastered: for the hair transplant not to fail, the expert team must master the hair transplant technique, whether it is a Sapphire or/and metal blade procedure, or an DIH. If not, the hair transplant surgery can result in a doll-like effect and poor or no regrowth.
- The follicular unit extraction method is not controlled: this risk, often ignored, is very serious. A bad extraction of grafts can prevent any new graft attempt afterwards. This risk is particularly common in low-cost hair transplant clinic and when the teams do not have the necessary experience to perform a hair transplant procedure.
- Non-compliance with sanitary and sterilization rules: compliance with sanitary rules is essential to guarantee the safety and results of the hair loss treatment. If the sanitary rules are not respected, the patient runs the risk of tissue necrosis and/or several types of infections. The hair transplant in Turkey will be unsuccessful, with heavy aesthetic and health consequences.
Stress, poor diet, drugs or smoking are all factors that can cause a hair transplant to fail. To avoid a failed hair transplant, the patient must be in the best condition and take care of himself.
What factors influence the success rate of a hair transplant?
To ensure the success of a hair transplant in Turkey, several factors must be taken into consideration:
The hair transplant surgeons
Choosing the right hair transplant clinic guarantees that you will be taken care of by an experienced surgeon and care team. Hair transplant surgery requires specific qualifications as well as extreme precision and a perfect mastery of the various techniques. Hair transplantation in Turkey must absolutely be performed by a specialized hair transplant surgeons capable of handling several specific tools.
The hair transplant procedure
The choice of technique is also important for the hair transplant to offer the desired result. Whether it is an FUE hair transplant, a manual FUE hair transplant, a DHI hair transplant, a Regenera Activa stem cell hair transplant or a hair transplant for women, hair transplantation offers a definitive and natural result provided that the technique used corresponds to the needs of the patient.
Consultations and post hair transplant care
After the hair transplant procedure, the patient must follow the recommendations given by the surgeon and the care team. We always remind our patients of the importance of this. Respecting the post-operative rules is essential to avoid a failed hair transplant. Moreover, the Body Expert ten-year guarantee will not work if these rules are not respected. To ensure that these steps are respected, Body Expert has set up a procedure for monitoring the patient by taking photos at different times during the postoperative period (the first 7 days, at 1 month, etc.).
How to correct failed hair transplants?
There are several solutions to repair hair transplants. The choice of technique depends on the problem encountered. For example, to camouflage a failed hair transplant, especially a strip hair transplant that has left a large scar, the surgeon may propose a hair transplant by FUE. In all cases, it is recommended not to go back to the surgeon who failed the hair transplant, and to go to a professional surgeon who is experienced in the different techniques of repairing a failed hair transplant.